2018 registrations will open soon!
McKay Hefford Aurora All Girls July 2017
Tara and Jayna are back again for their All-Girls Summer Camp in Aurora!
Jayna Hefford: 5 time Olympian and 4 time Olympic Gold Medalist
Tara McKay: Elite Level Skating Coach for Gary Roberts High Performance Training and former NWHL player
When: July 31-Aug 4, 2017
Where: Aurora Stronach Community Centre
Cost: $450.00 + HST
- Rep: Pee Wee & Bantam
- Rep: Novice & Atom
- House League: Pee Wee & Bantam
- House League: Novice & Atom
Girls will be placed in the appropriate group once enrolment is complete. Players will be informed of their group via email prior to the camp start date.
|Group One||Activity||Group Two||Activity
|9:00-9:30am||Warm Up/Team Game||9:30-10:30am||Dry Land
- Stride improvement: power position, correcting body mechanics, balance and stability, speed, endurance, power, edge control
- Agility, Speed and Power: quick feet, transition skating/pivoting, lateral skating, turning, edge control, explosive start and stops, crossovers, acceleration.
Technical Skill Development
- Puck Handling: puck control, agility skating with puck, acceleration and maintaining speed with puck, lateral movement with puck, transition skating with puck, power turns with puck, soft hands, passing, deking and deceptive moves.
- Shooting: proper technique, wrist shot, backhand shot, slap shot, snap shot, establishing power, scoring tips, tipping, and rebounds.
- Passing: proper technique, control, accuracy, timing
- Stick Handling and Shooting Circuit
- Explosive Power and Strength Circuit
- Speed, Agility and Reaction Circuit
- Stretching and Dynamic Warm Up
- Team Games: European handball, Flag Football,
- Ball Hockey, Team Building Activities
- Swimming (*we will inform participants of their swimming times on day #1 of the camp)
What to Bring:
- Full hockey equipment
- Ensure skates are sharpened
- Extra Stick for OFF ICE training
- Water bottle for on-ice & off-ice
- Nutritious lunch, and snacks for morning and afternoon
- T-shirt, socks, shorts, running shoes, hat for off-ice training
- Sunscreen and/or long sleeve shirt for off-ice sessions
- Light rain jacket (we will not train outside if it is pouring rain but we will go outside in the case of light rain or rain showers without lightening)
- Extra under gear for 2nd ice session
- Swim suit for swim days (players will be advised of their swim day on day #1 of camp)
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for hockey!