Power Skating and Skills Mechanics Expert, Owner and Operator of Shooting Stars Hockey School founded 9 years ago, 15 years playing at highest level of women’ hockey in Canada including National Women’s Hockey League, NWHL Nationals ‘02, ‘03, ‘04, Regional Team Canada Camps, Certified Kinesiologist, Certified Exercise Physiologist, College level and Elementary level teaching experience, extensive experience instructing from grassroots to AAA including teams, camps and clinics, managing camps of over 100 participants.
Tara personally designs drills to improve a particular set of skills that are relevant to the player’s age and skill level. An expert on skating and hockey mechanics, Tara’s great passion for skating, hockey and teaching is easily shown when she is on the ice in her enthusiasm and positive motivation with the players.
Tara’s teaching methods have proven successful results for her students. Ensuring that the players are developed with proper mechanics/technique, at the appropriate pace and with appropriate skills being practiced will push them to get to the next level in their development and will have a lasting effect on
- 17 years hockey instructor experience, 8th year of Summer Camp Program
- Playing experience in National Women’s Hockey League since its inception, 15 years playing at highest level of women’ hockey in Canada
- completed playing career with Brampton Thunder of NWHL in 2004
- NWHL National Silver ‘02, ‘03, ‘04, Provincial Gold ‘03
- Selections to Team Canada Camps
- Honours Kinesiology degree (Physical Education), University of Western Ontario
- Certified Kinesiologist
- Certified Exercise Physiologist
- College level and Elementary level teaching experience
- Former Police Officer
- 2002 Ontario Ball Hockey Female Athlete of the Year