Aurora Elite Boys Hockey Camps
We hope to run some modified summer camps for 2021. Information will be updated once confirmed.
Tara’s Elite Boys Summer Camp Week #1 is designed for players competing at the A, AA and AAA levels. Players should already have a strong foundation for their respective ages. The camp will provide players with professional power skating and skills instruction. The camp will demand that players are hardworking and focused. We will provide a motivating, fun atmosphere while they improve their skills.
Players must be accepted. We have to streamline the skill level in order to run our program properly. No players younger than 2012 will be accepted for this camp. No exceptions will be made for players playing below the A level. There will be weekly summer programs available for the players below A level.
Players must be accepted.
|Group One||Activity||Group Two||Activity
|9:00-9:30am||Dynamic Warm Up/Team Game||9:30-10:30am||Dry Land
|11:30-12:00pm||Dynamic Stretch/Team Game||11:30-12:50pm||On-Ice
|1:00-2:20pm||On-Ice||1:30-2:00pm||Dynamic Stretch/Team Game
- Stride improvement: power position, correcting body mechanics, balance and stability, speed, endurance, power, edge control
- Agility, Speed and Power: quick feet, transition skating/pivoting, lateral skating, turning, edge control, explosive start and stops, crossovers, acceleration.
Technical Skill Development
- Puck Handling: puck control, agility skating with puck, acceleration and maintaining speed with puck, lateral movement with puck, transition skating with puck, power turns with puck, soft hands, passing, deking and deceptive moves.
- Shooting: proper technique, wrist shot, backhand shot, slap shot, snap shot, establishing power, scoring tips, tipping, and rebounds.
- Passing: proper technique, control, accuracy, timing
- Stick Handling and Shooting Circuit
- Explosive Power and Strength Circuit
- Speed, Agility and Reaction Circuit
- Stretching and Dynamic Warm Up
- Team Games: European handball, Flag Football,
- Ball Hockey, Team Building Activities
- Swimming (*we will inform participants of their swimming times on day #1 of the camp)
What to Bring:
- Full hockey equipment
- Ensure skates are sharpened
- Extra Stick for OFF ICE training
- Water bottle for on-ice & off-ice
- Nutritious lunch, and snacks for morning and afternoon
- T-shirt, socks, shorts, running shoes, hat for off-ice training
- Sunscreen and/or long sleeve shirt for off-ice sessions
- Light rain jacket (we will not train outside if it is pouring rain but we will go outside in the case of light rain or rain showers without lightening)
- Extra under gear for 2nd ice session
- Swim suit for swim days (players will be advised of their swim day on day #1 of camp)